Traditionally, therapists want us to verify the patient’s insurance benefits for medical products before they place an order. At this time, we do not contact the patient unless requested. We realize that once you have begun therapy with your patient, you are interested in knowing what type of coverage they have before discussing what home medical products will benefit them.
After we have verified the patient’s insurance benefits, we will fax a copy of the benefits to your clinic. Please feel free to provide your patient with a copy of the faxed information and welcome him/her to call us with any questions.
How Do I Refer a New Patient?
* To verify benefits, please fax the following documents:
- Fax Cover Sheet – “Request for Insurance Benefits”
- Patient Face Sheet from your clinic
- Insurance Card(s) – front and back, if available
- Notice of Privacy Practices (HIPPA) form signed by the patient
New Patient Referral
To make a formal referral, please fax the following documents:
- Fax Cover Sheet – “New Patient Referral”
- Patient Data Form
- Clinical History Form
- Product Information Form
- Measurement Form(s) for Product(s) ordered
- Therapist’s Initial Evaluation for Patient – if available
Once the Formal Referral is Received
We contact the patient and review the financial responsibilities for his/her medical products, explain the authorization process (if applicable) and verify placement of his/her orders for medical products.
We prepare a Certificate of Medical Necessity (prescription) to be faxed to the referring physician for signature. This certificate is then submitted to the insurance company for authorization (if applicable) and is used to file the claim for the medical products.
We appreciate your referrals and look forward to working with you!